Modern EVs already have an average driving range of approximately 275 km. And some electric car models like the Kia e-Niro and Kia e-Soul have maximum ranges of up to 455 km! In fact, half of all journeys are less than 8 km. Think about how often a year we travel more than 200 km in one journey.
What is the longest range for an electric car?
Electric Cars With the Longest Range
- 2020 Tesla Model Y Long Range: 316 miles.
- 2020 Chevrolet Bolt EV: 259 miles.
- 2020 Hyundai Kona Electric: 258 miles.
- 2020 Kia Niro Electric: 239 miles.
- 2020 Jaguar I-Pace: 234 miles.
- 2020 Nissan Leaf Plus: 226 miles.
- 2020 Audi E-Tron: 204 miles.
- 2020 Porsche Taycan 4S: 203 miles.
Which electric car has the longest range 2020?
Longest Range Electric Cars for 2020
- 2020 Tesla Model 3 Long Range: 322 miles of range.
- 2020 Tesla Model X Long Range: 328 miles of range.
- 2020 Tesla Model S Long Range: 373 miles of range.
- 2020 Rivian R1T: 400+ miles of range.
- 2020 Tesla Roadster: 620 miles of range.
Which electric car has the best range?
Hyundai Kona Electric
- Tesla Model 3, 239 miles. …
- Tesla Model X, 233 miles. …
- Nissan Leaf e+, 217 miles. …
- Mercedes-Benz EQC, 208 miles. …
- Tesla Model S 75kWh, 204 miles. …
- Audi e-tron, 196 miles. …
- Renault Zoe R135, 192 miles. …
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus, 181 miles.
How much does it cost to fully charge an electric car?
If electricity costs $0.13 per kWh and the vehicle consumes 33 kWh to travel 100 miles, the cost per mile is about $0.04. If electricity costs $0.13 per kilowatt-hour, charging an EV with a 200-mile range (assuming a fully depleted 66 kWh battery) will cost about $9 to reach a full charge.
Will electric cars take over?
That means that electric cars will soon overtake internal combustion-powered cars as the more economical choice for consumers, according to the new report. Over the next two decades, worldwide electric vehicle sales will rise from 2 million last year to 56 million by 2040, BNEF predicts.
How long do electric cars last?
However, the current prediction is that an electric car battery will last from 10 – 20 years before they need to be replaced.
Is insurance cheaper for an electric car?
If you have an EV, your insurance will probably look much like that of a gas-powered vehicle—with some notable differences. You’ll likely pay a little more to insure an EV. That’s because it generally costs more to repair an EV than a conventional car.
How far can a Tesla go at 70 mph?
What is the best value electric car?
Read our review
- Volkswagen ID 3. As Volkswagen looks to move on from the fallout of Dieselgate, the ID 3 is set to take centre-stage as the marque’s environmentally friendly wunderkind. …
- Peugeot e-208. …
- Hyundai Kona Electric 64kWh. …
- Mini Electric. …
- Kia Soul EV. …
- Nissan Leaf. …
- Vauxhall Corsa-e. …
- Honda E.
What is the best electric car for 2020?
The 11 best electric cars to buy in 2020
- Vauxhall e-Corsa. …
- Mini Electric. …
- Hyundai Kona EV. …
- Audi e-tron. …
- BMW i3. …
- Nissan Leaf. One of the first to take the electric plunge, the Nissan Leaf now looks a lot better and goes a lot further: 168 miles between top ups. …
- Mercedes EQC.
- Honda e.
Are electric cars reliable?
Last month, a Consumer Reports study showed that electric vehicles (EVs) generally cost less to repair and maintain than their gasoline-powered counterparts. However, CR’s latest reliability survey reveals that some new electric cars have significant problems that will be covered under warranty.
Can you leave an electric car charging overnight?
It is completely safe to leave an electric vehicle charging (or plugged-in) overnight. In fact, charging at night allows you to take advantage of off-peak electrical hours so you can get your car charged for cheaper.
Should I charge my electric car every night?
For most of us, a few times a year. That’s when you’d want a rapid charge of under 45 minutes or so. The rest of the time, slow charging is just fine. It turns out most electric-car drivers don’t even bother to plug in every night, or necessarily to fully charge.1 мая 2019 г.
Are public charging stations free?
Public Charging Costs
Many people charge their electric car at public charging stations. They can be free, pay-as-you-go or subscription-based, with prices set by networks or property owners.